BetterHelp Review 2022
In this BetterHelp review, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of this popular therapy platform, as well as what you can expect to pay for their services.
Online therapy is a rapidly growing industry, with more and more people looking for help from the comfort of their own homes. People want comforts like not having to leave work or school, being able to see a therapist at any time of day, and the convenience of not having to travel. With all of these reasons, it’s no wonder that online therapy is one of the most popular methods of therapy today.
But with so many different therapy options out there, it can be hard to know where to start. If you’re looking for online therapy, one option you may want to consider is BetterHelp. They are one of the largest and most popular online therapy providers, with over 14,000 licensed therapists to choose from.
What is BetterHelp?
BetterHelp is an online therapy platform that offers convenient and affordable access to professional counselling services. It’s one of the most popular online therapy platforms available, with over 1 million users worldwide.
With BetterHelp, you can connect with a licensed therapist from the comfort of your own home (or wherever you have an internet connection). This can be a great option for anyone who doesn’t have the time or resources to access traditional in-person therapy. With over 14,000 therapists to choose from, you’re sure to find one that’s a good fit for you. The counsellors at BetterHelp are all licensed and accredited, so you can be sure you’re getting quality care.
BetterHelp offers both individual and couples counselling, and you can choose from a variety of different therapy types, including cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), solution-focused therapy, and more. They also offer a wide range of resources, including articles, videos, and exercises, to help you on your journey to mental wellness.
Convenient and affordable
Licensed and accredited therapists
Wide variety of therapists
A variety of therapy types
Not covered by insurance
Requires a subscription
How Does BetterHelp Work?
BetterHelp is a subscription-based service, which means you’ll need to sign up for a monthly plan in order to access their services. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to fill out a profile and choose a therapist that you feel is a good match for you.
BetterHelp offers both text-based and video counselling, so you can choose the format that you’re most comfortable with. You’ll also have the option to message your therapist anytime, day or night. This can be a great option for anyone who needs help outside of traditional therapy hours.
They also offer a mobile app, which can be convenient for anyone who wants to access their services on the go. BetterHelp is one of the few online therapy platforms that offer a mobile app, which can be a great option for anyone who wants the flexibility to access their services from anywhere.
First Impression and Sign Up Process
BetterHelp’s homepage is clean and simple, which makes it easy to navigate. The sign-up process is also straightforward and only takes a few minutes to complete. You’ll need to create an account and fill out a brief questionnaire about your counselling needs.
Once you’ve completed the sign-up process, you’ll be able to choose a therapist from their network of over 3,000 counsellors. You can filter therapists by their specialties, their availability, and their price.
You’ll also be able to read reviews from other users, which can be helpful in choosing a therapist that’s a good fit for you.
What Are the Pros of BetterHelp?
There are many pros to using BetterHelp, which is why it’s become one of the most popular online therapy platforms available. Some of the main pros include:
– Convenient and Affordable: BetterHelp is a convenient and affordable option for anyone who needs access to quality therapy services. With BetterHelp, you can get the help you need without having to leave your home or take time out of your busy schedule.
– Licensed and Accredited Therapists: All of the therapists on BetterHelp are licensed and accredited, so you can be sure you’re getting quality care. It’s truly a peace of mind that not all online therapy platforms can offer.
– Wide Variety of Therapists: With over 3,000 counselors to choose from, you’re sure to find one that’s a good fit for you. No matter what your needs are, there’s a therapist on BetterHelp who can help. They ensure this by making sure that each therapist is certified in the areas that they claim to be.
– Flexible Schedule: BetterHelp offers both text-based and video counseling, so you can choose the format that you’re most comfortable with. You’ll also have the option to message your therapist anytime, day or night. This can be a great option for anyone who needs help outside of traditional therapy hours.
– Mobile App: BetterHelp is one of the few online therapy platforms that offer a mobile app, which can be a great option for anyone who wants the flexibility to access their services from anywhere.
– A Variety of Therapy Types: BetterHelp offers a variety of different therapy types, so you can choose the one that’s best for you. They offer everything from cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) to solution-focused therapy, and more, so you can find the right fit for your needs.
-Flexible Communication: With BetterHelp, you can communicate with your therapist through messaging, phone, or video chat. This makes it easy to get the help you need when you need it. They also offer a mobile app, which can be convenient for anyone who wants to access their services on the go.
What Are the Cons of BetterHelp?
While there are many pros to using BetterHelp, there are also a few cons to consider. These include:
– Not Covered by Insurance: Unfortunately, BetterHelp is not currently covered by insurance. This means you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket for their services.
– Requires a Subscription: BetterHelp is a subscription-based service, which means you’ll need to sign up for a monthly plan in order to access their services. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll have access to their therapist network and all of their features.
– May Not Be Appropriate for Everyone: While BetterHelp is a great option for many people, it may not be appropriate for everyone. If you’re dealing with a serious mental health condition, you may need more intensive treatment than what BetterHelp can provide. In this case, it’s important to speak with your doctor to see if BetterHelp is right for you.
How Much Does BetterHelp Cost?
BetterHelp offers a variety of different pricing options, which range from $60-$90 per week. The price you pay will depend on the therapist you choose and the length of your sessions. It’s important to note that BetterHelp does not currently accept insurance, so you will have to pay out-of-pocket for their services.
It’s important to note that BetterHelp offers financial help to those who qualify. If you’re interested in applying for financial assistance, you can do so on their website.
What Do People Say About BetterHelp?
People who have used BetterHelp generally speak highly of the platform, with many people saying that it’s helped them to improve their mental health.
To get a better sense of what people are saying about BetterHelp, we’ve compiled a few reviews from their website.
Overall, people seem to be happy with the therapists on BetterHelp and the convenience of the platform.
One user said, “I’ve already recommended BetterHelp to 3 more friends and I’m honestly going to tell as many people as possible about it I’m so grateful for this service. I love my therapist!”
Another said, “I truly appreciate Teresa! She has listened, asked questions, encouraged, motivated and inspired me!”
Does BetterHelp Offer Free Trial?
Yes, BetterHelp offers a free trial for those who want to try their platform before committing to a paid subscription. The free trial allows you to access all of the features of the platform for 7 days. After the free trial is up, you’ll need to sign up for a paid subscription if you want to continue using BetterHelp.
Can I Cancel My BetterHelp Subscription?
Yes, you can cancel your BetterHelp subscription at any time, for any reason. To cancel your subscription, you can simply contact their customer service team and they will help you to cancel your account.
Should You Try BetterHelp?
If you’re considering online therapy, BetterHelp is definitely worth checking out. They offer a convenient, affordable, and easy-to-use platform that can be a great option for anyone who needs access to professional counselling services.
BetterHelp Review: Final Thoughts
BetterHelp is a great option for anyone who’s looking for an affordable, convenient way to get professional counseling services. While they may not be right for everyone, they offer a variety of features and pricing options that make them a great choice for many people.
The flexibility of their platform makes it easy to get the help you need on your own schedule, and their wide selection of therapists means that you’re likely to find a good match for your needs. It’s also worth noting that they offer financial assistance to those who qualify, which makes their services even more accessible.
If you’re considering using BetterHelp, we encourage you to check out their website to learn more about their services and see if they’re right for you.